Keller Williams Realty International
What you’ll be called: CONTROLLER
Where you’ll work: FINANCE DEPARTMENT
Who’s the boss: ANN YETT, CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Who are we?
Keller Williams Realty Inc. is the second largest real estate company in North America. Founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on a unique, agent-centric culture emphasizing a profit sharing system which rewards our associates as stakeholders and partners. Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI), is the company’s corporate headquarters located in Austin, Texas. Here, through a focus on cutting edge technology, education, and products and services, we support our agents and associates to create careers worth having, lives worth living, and businesses worth owning. In this way we fulfill our vision to be the real estate company of choice.
Who are we looking for?
KWRI thrives within a creative and collaborative culture, where being at the forefront of real estate is our primary goal. As an employee at KWRI, you will have the opportunity to work within a global organization that is growing at the speed of light. We’re looking for adaptable, flexible, and creative people who want to be a part of a dynamic environment and make an impact on the future of real estate.
The KW Finance department is looking for a fast-paced, independent thinker who prefers a challenging environment and has a proven track record for success. We are looking for a person that is self-motivated and loves an environment that allows you to create your own growth path.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for managing day to day activities of the Finance team
a. Internal controls and segregation of duties
b. Treasury management, new bank account openings and changes, cash controls and procedures, including controls over online banking system and international accounts
c. Monthly close process, review and consolidation of all entities
d. Preparation, review, analysis and distribution of all internal financial statements and reports for all entities
e. Supervision of the Finance team, including oversight and review of
§ Accounts payable and receivable
§ Revenue processing and recognition
§ Payroll and KWRI profit share
§ Agent profit share and growth share
§ Fixed assets
§ Account reconciliations
§ Microsoft Dynamics accounting software
· Management and coordination of the Dutch trust services relationship, including the preparation and review of Dutch financials and tax returns as required
· Management, control and reporting of international tax withholdings
· Preparation and review of budgets and forecasts
· Conversion of all internal financial statements to a GAAP basis at yearend and periodically throughout the year as required
· Consolidation of separate entities into KWRI financial statements as required
· Coordination of all external audits/engagements and review of all audited financial statements
· Coordination with the tax CPA firm and review of all US federal, state and international returns
· Works directly with and supports the CEO, President and COO as well as the department heads and other company executives
· Other duties as assigned
a. Accounting degree
b. CPA preferred
c. 3-5 years Big 4 public auditing experience
d. 5-7 years industry experience at the Controller or Accounting Manager level
e. Must have strong communication skills, be able to adapt to rapid change and a fast-paced environment, and handle multiple priorities simultaneously
f. Must have strong analytical and reasoning skills and be proficient in Excel