Linux Systems Administrator II
What you’ll be called: Linux Systems Administrator II
Where you’ll work: I.T. – Infrastructure Services
Who’s the boss: Jim Hitchcock, Infastructure Services Manager
Who are we?
Keller Williams Realty Inc. is the second largest real estate company in North America. Founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on a unique, agent-centric culture emphasizing a profit sharing system which rewards our associates as stakeholders and partners. Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI), is the company’s corporate headquarters located in Austin, Texas. Here, through a focus on cutting edge technology, education, and products and services, we support our agents and associates to create careers worth having, lives worth living, and businesses worth owning. In this way we fulfill our vision to be the real estate company of choice.
Who are we looking for?
KWRI thrives within a creative and collaborative culture, where being at the forefront of real estate is our primary goal. As an employee at KWRI, you will have the opportunity to work within a global organization that is growing at the speed of light. We’re looking for adaptable, flexible, and creative people who want to be a part of a dynamic environment and make an impact on the future of real estate.
The I.T. department is looking for a fast-paced, independent thinker who prefers a challenging environment and has a proven track record for success. We are looking for a person that is self-motivated and loves an environment that allows you to create your own growth path.
What will you do?
Provide day to day Linux Systems Administration duties in a large complex environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· System installation, administration, and maintenance of Linux based infrastructure
· Maintain operating software such as OS, applications, library versions, etc
· Closely control the production environment to ensure stability and uptime
· Plan for capacity growth
· Monitor networks and security to ensure stability
· Perform data backups
· Administer DNS and DHCP
· Perform system performance tuning
· Maintain system up time 99.99%
· Perform System Monitoring (server system logs, messages, and alerts)
· Participate in on-call rotation
· Provide extended availability as needed
· Proficient with supporting multiple flavors of Linux (preferably Debian and CentOS) in a medium to large scale environment
· Ability to understand and manage complex systems
· Scripting experience using Perl or Shell
· Experience with web servers such as Apache
· Technical knowledge of email (postfix, qmail or sendmail), BIND, NFS, NTP, etc.
· Experience with OpenLDAP
· Knowledge of network security, firewalls, switching, and connectivity options
· Ability to design, implement, and support high availability solutions
· Knowledge of the following software/hardware: Virtualization, MySQL, Postgres, Puppet, Postfix, Solr, ActiveMQ, IMAP, Load balancers
· Experience with monitoring software, such as Zenoss or Nagios
· Ability to diagnose network problems
· Ability to coordinate and interface with multiple business units and aggressively follow up on details
· Familiarity with firewall and VPN administration (preferably Cisco ASA)
· Ability to perform independently, as well as work within a team environment.