Operations Manager - Production Services
Summary: The Operations Manager is responsible for improving and maintaining the operational systems and processes at KWRI. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can think outside of the box. While the duties will include website content development, ecommerce systems, sales reporting, information flow management, the position will also focus much of its time on evaluating and improving the business processes and key operational systems at KWRI. In addition to these duties, the Operations Manager will run the KW store at all KWRI events, provide backup customer service support for the Customer Service Coordinator and maintain key vendor relationships with our online vendor system.
Characteristics to be successful in this job, an applicant must be:
- A self-starter, able to function independently with little direct supervision
- Creative, capable of developing smart solutions rather than throwing money at problems
- Eager to learn new things and able to pick them up quickly
- A very strong sense of follow through
- Team player, willing to jump in and work on items “outside? of their job
- Problem solver who thinks outside of the box
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks without letting details fall through the cracks
- Thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
Duties and Responsibilities for this position include the following:
1. Improve the operational systems and processes in support of organization’s mission -- specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, and business processes.
2. Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of KWRI through working closely with departments to facilitate the implementation of new projects and increase the communication between support and business functions.
3. Manage all software systems as they relate to ecommerce.
4. Help to ensure in any way possible that the department successfully attains their goal of providing the best possible service to KWRI.
5. Maintain the Online vendor program for KWU course purchase. Includes updating downloadable course content files as needed, archiving outdated content, working with the Vendors to ensure timely updates, coordinating with the KWU course writers and designers to ensure correct format and files online.
6. Generate regular sales reports through the ecommerce and POS system.
7. Serve as back up for the Customer Service Coordinator. Including answer online requests via footprints and email for customer service and product questions and answering phones as needed (employees out sick, large volume, etc.).
8. Manage onsite bookstore at various KWRI events, including inventory, supplies, shipping, staffing and display.
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university is required.