The IT Senior Project Manager is responsible for the execution of project plans to deliver dynamic web sites, multimedia applications and other technology related projects, for Keller Williams Realty Intl (KWRI). In addition, he/she is also responsible for ensuring that respective Keller Williams Realty Intl functions meet deadlines and deliverables within Keller Williams Realty Intl project processes, and that project plans deliver on business benefits as articulated by the internal stakeholders, project advocates and internal customers.
· Creating and managing project plans that address strategic approaches, deliverable definitions, change management, resource and funding requirements, development and implementation schedules, internal and external communication activities, training, quality assurance;
· Maintaining issue lists related to each project and following through with responsible party for issue closure.
· Leading Project team meetings at KWRI and at client premises as warranted ensuring timetable and planning coordination/communications compliance.
· Interfacing with responsible functional units within KWRI to ensure deliverables are met.
· Interfacing with third party contractors responsible to KWRI functional units to ensure project timeline, and cost accountability.
· Monitoring and managing project budgets to ensure on-budget tracking, reporting, and management through the project process and in ensuring compliance with KWRI's accounting procedures.
· Maintaining an audit trail for project activities to ensure compliance with KWRI accounting and project processes.
· Assisting in the recruitment and development of the Project Management team.
· Highlighting risks and presenting options to KWRI management and client for mitigating the risks.
· Leading and motivating a variety of teams with a wide-range of formal and informal reporting relationships to achieve consensus and commitment as well as complete tasks and deliver results as planned.
· Quality Control- this is one of the most important parts of a project manager’s job description. Delivering quality to the client is the key to success.
· Acting as a representative for the client and determining the exact needs of the client.
· Achieving operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews
· Define project tasks and resource requirements
· Create functional requirements for development teams
1. Develop/maintain detailed plans for all functional areas. Use progress measurement to proactively develop alternate plans.
a. Develop detailed and integrated schedules for all areas using Project Management software.
b. Record actual progress and forecast completion dates for key milestones.
c. Develop and implement corrective action plans as needed to maintain committed schedule.
2. Prepare, maintain, and present program status and metrics in support of weekly reports, bi-weekly executive reviews, and ad-hoc management and customer requests.
3. Manage project scope in collaboration with project advocates and sponsors, business analysts and technical leads.
4. Work with all parties as needed to establish plans, ensure all actions are completed, and facilitate communication.
a. Identify dependencies between these groups and insure completion of the required tasks.
b. Identify dependencies with customers, insure completion of required tasks, and communicate progress to customer/management.
5. Able to work flexibly to manage resources remotely when resources reside off-site
6. Communicate project status to customers, including status of issues.
7. Identify, track status, communicate and mitigate risks to all parties to achieve project objectives.
· PMI Certification (Project Management Institute) a plus.
· Experience working with offsite development teams preferred.
· Experience managing website and browser based software projects.
· Minimum of 5 years program/project management experience on projects with over 300K budgets.
· Minimum of 5 years experience on multimedia or interactive application development.
· Thorough understanding of project life cycle.
· Extensive experience with large/integrated technical projects.
· Solid understanding of technical issues, systems integration issues and large-scale project implementation issues.
· Proven ability to bring projects in on time and on/under budget.
· Excellent written and verbal communications.
· Expertise with MS Project.
· Comprehensive understanding of various multimedia technologies and interactive development environments.
· Ability to see the big picture and to understand complex tactical relationships in support of an overall strategy.
· Ability to build strong, effective relationships with others within the organization.
· Exceptional project management skills.
· Ability to pro-actively anticipate obstacles and create solutions.
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with other department.
· Ability to work effectively with offsite resources.
· Ability to work with clients of varying cultural styles