Seeking a full-time copywriter with a focus in business writing for a New York Times bestselling author and industry leading business owner, who works together with editorial team to develop small business titles. This person will research, interview, write and edit at publishing quality level for a variety of mediums.
1. Research, Writing, Editing
1. Research and benchmark content: people and concepts.
2. Screening and interviewing small business experts. Revise, edit and proof for book and web use.
3. Develop writing skills specifically in line with the writing team’s voice.
4. Develop and maintain web-based content. This will include blogs, social media, articles, discussion boards, webinars, podcasts, email campaigns and newsletters.
2. Project management
1. Assist with establishing assigned project goals, objectives and schedules.
2. Develop and provide accurate processes and deliverables on assigned projects: content needs, project discussions, status updates, budget tracking.
3. Provide production assistance: maintaining talent database, scheduling, scouting, screening and interview logging.
4. Work with various third parties to ensure projects are taken to the finish line: researchers, writers, designers, illustrators, production staff, IT and potential talent.
5. Assist with ancillary projects and supplementary materials: events, seminars, workbooks, e-books, books.
1. Maintain a working editorial calendar.
2. Be the “eyes and ears? of the team, keeping accurate project notes, and developing and maintaining best practices, strategies and models.
3. Answer phones and email.
4. Build and maintain a database of industry experts, contacts and resources.
5. Copying, filing, invoice processing, handling mail, scheduling.
1. Knowledge: Degree in Journalism, Business or equivalent.
2. Experience: 3 – 5 years experience with a focus on writing and project management.
3. Computer Skill: PC and Mac proficient with skills in Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite and all social media platforms.
4. Interviewing Skill: Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with the ability to get people to talk and reveal their story and concepts.
5. Writing Skill: Ability to translate an interview into interesting and informative journalism.
6. Analysis Skill: Ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources, analyze and explain both in writing and through diagram.
7. Presentation Skill: Ability to develop and present in an effective and compelling manner.
8. Management Skill: Ability to juggle multiple projects at once and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
9. Work Ethic: Owns their job and committed to do whatever it takes to get the job done.