Carlos is a licensed attorney and real estate salesperson. He works closely with his wife, Lucinda, who is an interior designer and a licensed real estate salesperson. Together, they employ a consultative approach. Their team of agents, known as the Eng Garcia Group, is “Investment-Minded and Design-Conscious.” The team's sales practice focuses on medium-to-high end residential condo and single-family dwellings inside the DC Capital Area’s Beltway.
Carlos Garcia brings 18 years of business, real estate and legal experience to the KW team. A 1988 graduate of Connecticut College (Dean’s List) and a 1994 graduate of Boston College Law School (Outstanding Community Service), Carlos was born and raised in Manhattan in New York City and has lived and worked in Metro DC since 1994.
Having worked in the local area’s hi-tech, professional services, government and real estate sectors, Carlos’ greatest contribution to the KW team is his extensive local network, which includes real estate professionals, CEOs and other C-level executives, lawyers and judges, and leaders in government and the non-profit community. Through this network, Carlos is plugged into many local communities in the DC Metro Area.
Carlos is the founder and owner of Mintwood Properties (www.mintwoodproperties.com), a high-end residential real estate investment and rental enterprise active in DC and Maryland which holds over $6 million in assets. Previously, Carlos worked as a corporate lawyer. Carlos is a native English speaker who is fluent in Spanish.
Carlos and Lucinda, his wife of 14 years, have extensive experience in building businesses.
Carlos has also been recognized by the greater Washington DC community for his leadership and team-building roles in support of community-based initiatives. Perhaps the most widely-recognized team Carlos is credited with building is the Higher Achievement Program, a DC non-profit bridging the digital and class divides facing underserved youth. This team rescued Higher Achievement from bankruptcy in 1999 and rebuilt and redevised the organization into the 2005 winner of the Washington Post Management Excellence Award as the metro area’s best-managed non-profit.
Carlos is dedicated to serving the community and encouraging others to do so. Examples of Carlos’ networking and community-based activities include the following:
• In 2003, Carlos was selected by the Community Foundation for the National Capital Region (www.cfncr.org) as a recipient of the Linowes Leadership Award for his community service.
• In 2000, Carlos was appointed by Mayor Anthony Williams to the District of Columbia Commission on Asian and Pacific Islander Affairs.
• Since 1998, Carlos has served as President of the Board for Higher Achievement (www.higherachievement.org), selected in 2005 as the best managed DC Metro non-profit by the Washington Post.
• In 2005, Carlos was selected to join the Board of the Frederick B. Abramson Memorial Foundation (www.abramsonfoundation.org).
• In 2006, Carlos joined the Advisory Board of CharityWorks (http://www.charityworksdc.org).
• Previously, Carlos served as a member of the Board of Directors for the Conference for Asian Pacific American Leadership (CAPAL).
As a husband and wife sales team, Carlos and Lucinda leverage their combined 20 years of real estate experience and their extensive network to create a consultative, professional Washington real estate sales practice.
Keller Williams Realty, Inc. is a real estate franchise company. Each Keller Williams office is independently owned and operated.
Keller Williams Realty, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports the Fair Housing Act.